Crooked tail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Samuelchinn

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys new to the site hoping someone can give me some sort of clarity towards my issue I’ve noticed this crooked tail on one fish and starting on another seemed to happen over night almost wondering if anyone knows what it is or how to resolve thanks in advanced it is an electric blue ram

Attachments

• 00A154E8-9261-48E6-A0BA-EC80D026D059.jpg
    00A154E8-9261-48E6-A0BA-EC80D026D059.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 120
That deformity looks more like a genetic problem rather than a disease. Certain bacterial infections can cause twisted spinal distortions, but probably not the problem in your situation.

That deformity looks more like a genetic problem rather than a disease. Certain bacterial infections can cause twisted spinal distortions, but probably not the problem in your situation.[/QUOTE\].

I feel like it happened very fast almost over night is it possible for a deformity to take dominance that quickly

I think your Ram is suffering from some type of genetic spinal scoliosis. I've seen fish afflicted with fish TB and severe intestinal bacteria infections. Besides the obvious bent & sometimes twisted spine, they have other things in common, lack of appetite, impaired swimming ability, fungus sprouting out of the mouth, ect. In other words, those fish really looked bad. If your ram is eating and otherwise acting normally, I still say the problem is likely genetic. As for the speedy onset of the spinal bend, I have no answer.

I think your Ram is suffering from some type of genetic spinal scoliosis. I've seen fish afflicted with fish TB and severe intestinal bacteria infections. Besides the obvious bent & sometimes twisted spine, they have other things in common, lack of appetite, impaired swimming ability, fungus sprouting out of the mouth, ect. In other words, those fish really looked bad. If your ram is eating and otherwise acting normally, I still say the problem is likely genetic. As for the speedy onset of the spinal bend, I have no answer.

Thanks a lot for your input means a lot. I’m continuing to keep a close eye they seemed to have some i digestion issues from what I feel to be them eating some of the algae that has formed on some of the features in my tank I was most concerned of TB but I agree on the fish looking way worse than that

I did a close to half tank water change to take out any of the algae and any bacteria that might be the cause so hopefully if it was a bacteria cause it will continue to get better

Back
Top Bottom