Cruelty to fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GouramiFanatic said:
I go to great lengths to ensure all of my pets are well taken care of, this includes all of my fish. Some people think I'm crazy that I worry so much about my fish, but I chose them and it's my job to make sure they're happy and healthy. People who don't take pet ownership seriously make me sick!

Right there with you! I chose my fish and feel bad if they even look like they don't feel good.

yah i agree.
when my betta was sick for months my dad kept telling me to put him out of his misery but i couldnt and slowly but surely he got much much better and is back to normal. he was a 2.50 cent fish that i have had for a year and i wouldnt give up on him until i nessarily had to.

That is good Ky'smommy, always stick with your instinct!

Speakerman said:
I feed all my dead fish/shrimp to my oscars...heh.

UGH - not really a proper burial ! Plus don't you risk transmitting disease if you don't know what the fish / shrimp died from ?

tropicfishman said:
you can, some people say its inhumane or it stops up the sewer system, which it does, but i'm not digging a hole and making a casket over a 99 cent fish

I've had some fish die and I carefully make a cardboard casket and bury the fish in my garden next to my other pets who have passed on.

Wow, I care about my fish but I don't do anything like that. Guess I am not crazy!

I even bury most of my dead fish!
I've had some fish die and I carefully make a cardboard casket and bury the fish in my garden next to my other pets who have passed on.
Not to be offensive, (I understand how you can care about a fish like any other pet) but I had to chuckle at the mental image of a tiny fish cemetary with miniature headstones. The family dressed in black, the women crying as the tiny casket is lowered to it's final resting place...
My wife names some of the fish, I'm a bit more objective about the subject. After 30 years of keeping fish, I've only missed a few that were long-time residents, like the Synodontis catfish that I had for 12 years. That one wasn't flushed, the corpse was eaten by the rest of the fish. All I found were some skeletal remains, and a bit of muck in the filter.

Back
Top Bottom