Crystal clear water.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pleechford

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello all. I am in the nitrite phase of cycling my tank and no matter what I do I still have cloudy water. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make my water crystal clear?

image-3911682434.jpg

Your cycling with fish? I'd be surprised if they make it through thames cycle. That gourami is very sensitive. And your going through a bacteria bloom. It's normal.

SwimsWithFish said:
Your cycling with fish? I'd be surprised if they make it through thames cycle. That gourami is very sensitive. And your going through a bacteria bloom. It's normal.

Yeah I am. The pet store lady didn't know what she was talking about. I've had my tank for about 3 weeks now and the ammo has dropped and my trites are very high

It's ok, I took petsmarts advice when I first started and put 7 fish in an unicycles tank. Anyways, i would get those fish out of there because even if they make it through the cycle theyll probably get very sick. Just keep doing PWC until levels go down and try using something like API stress coat to get some nitrifying bacteria. Good luck!

not to nitpick but I believe it's the API stress zyme that has the nitrifying bacteria, I think the stress coat is more of a water conditioner than anything else but I may be mistaken

I am using microbacter7 which establishes a great biological filter. This is supposed to be a great product so I'll see how it goes

You can cycle with fish yall. Ive done it myself and the fish are not necessarily doomed. Just keep an eye on the water parameteres dude.

Well maybe it's just SW but cycling with fish isn't a very nice thing to do to the fish. It puts them through alot of stress, but maybe that's just SW.

Shane l said:
Hey godfan how many fish can i fit in a 7.7 gallon tank

The rule is 1 inch of fish equals one gallon so 7.7 you can fit seven 1 inch fish or three 2 inch fish. Your options are very limited

Yeah but you can't put one 7 inch fish. The rule is kinda weird because I you go buy that you could put a 1 foot shark in a 12 gallon. I would do 4 2 inch fish.

Back
Top Bottom