CTPK Bettas - Interest and Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woolly

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've been looking for a type of betta for a while now and I've fallen in love with the CTPK variant. Other than how pretty they are I cannot find much more information on them.

So some quick questions:

How big do they get?
Do they have any special needs?
Is the care pretty much the same as a normal betta?
temperament towards invertebrates and other smaller fish?
Are they as hardy as other bettas?

Pretty much it. I'd love to get one of these for my planted tank. It would be the CTPK, a dwarf crayfish, and maybe 2 or 3 smaller nano/small fish. This is a 7.9 Gal so I don't want to over do it, and I'd like to know if they would do well in that setting.

I'm quite attached to these fellows. :)

Thanks,
Woolly

I wouldn't put a dwarf crayfish in with a betta. Bettas like to lay around on plants and sometimes on the bottom of the tank and the crayfish may nip its fins.

As far as temperment any plakat type betta tends to be more aggressive I have read because they are the ones that are bred for fighting. That said I would be quite careful as far as tankmates go.

As far as their max size and your other questions I don't know, because I have never had one. Sorry I couldn't be more help. I know there are some betta breeders on here and I am hoping they chime in!

I found real interest in your thread and have search the net for info. for you!
There isn't much out there in relationship to your question is there?? I would really be interested in what you find out. They are beautiful! The only thing I can really suggest if finding a breeder and ask your questions. Apparently there is a great deal of breeding going on to better the breed, which at times makes the breed weaker. Good luck!

I found real interest in your thread and have search the net for info. for you!
There isn't much out there in relationship to your question is there?? I would really be interested in what you find out. They are beautiful! The only thing I can really suggest if finding a breeder and ask your questions. Apparently there is a great deal of breeding going on to better the breed, which at times makes the breed weaker. Good luck!

The only thing that I can find at the moment is that they are bigger than normal pet store variants of bettas. Given what they are usually kept in (small fish bowls, cubes, those plastic betta tanks) my 7.8 gal should be more than enough.

I still can't find any info on their actual dimensions, temperament, tankmates etc... I'll be posting a similar thread on two other forums and see if I can hook someone who has one. I'll return with any info I find.

Still no word on these guys. All I can gather is that they are obviously sightly bigger but of unknown dimensions, are slightly more aggressive, and need the same care as all other bettas.

I've not been able to contact anyone who owns one yet. Although I've tried.

Back
Top Bottom