Culturing Mosquito Larvae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
to be honest with you a heathy fish can go without eating for weeks.. dont worry about the betta.. daphnia are water fleas.. you can order a culture off of aquabid (sometimes e-bay) If I were to try the mosquito larva I would likely scoop and freze them with some tank water in ziplock type bags (feed like fozen bloodworms)

Is it just fish flakes? My betta isn't fond of flakes, I have to feed him freezedried blood worms. Finicky little fella.

I feed him pellets and freeze dried blood worms and just recently frozen bloodworms. He ignores the frosen bllodworms and he tries the pellets but then he just spits it out and leaves it alone.

The pellets might be too big for his liking. Alot of fish will grab some food and spit out to try and breaking it smaller pieces. My threadfins do the same thing when I feed the other fish. They'll grab a pellet then spit it out and swim off cause it's too big. Try some flakes instead or a smaller type of pellet.
Mosquito control in my area is a group of barn swallows and my small pond. It's a stock tank 1' deep by 4'x3'. I throw in a few hardy fish and some fast growing plants. Instant mosquito trap and I have some real healthy fish by the end of the summer. I also haven't been bit by a mosquito at my house in 3years.

Well the pellet I feed by hikari are baby pellets and they seem pretty small. And the HBH plellets are small too. And as far as I know, Bettas reject flakes. On Tuesday I will try to feed him live blackworms through a worm feeder. Does anyone know any betta food brands that I haven't tried feeding my betta. The ones I have used are Hikari and HBH.

have you tried feeding flake food? My betta eats mainly flake, with frozen blood worms, freeze dried of the same, and a bit of pea now and again. Try the flakes.

azn_fishy55 said:
Well the pellet I feed by hikari are baby pellets and they seem pretty small. And the HBH plellets are small too. And as far as I know, Bettas reject flakes. On Tuesday I will try to feed him live blackworms through a worm feeder. Does anyone know any betta food brands that I haven't tried feeding my betta. The ones I have used are Hikari and HBH.

I bought the brand Wardley at Walmart and my betta likes it. The pellets are bigger than some I've seen.

Today I have found the only food he eats, he ONLY eats live tubefix worms. Well, not ONLY but from the foods I have tried this is the only food I had success with.

Back
Top Bottom