Current USA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You would have to hope the setting was what you wanted it to be on. There is a connector between the wall plug and the light fixture itself so you could easily plug and unplug it from that ~2 feet of cord length from light fixture to connector. After dropping it in and freaking out for a slit second grabbing it out, there was a quick moment of panic!!! That's when I figured out where the plug is.

I have an extra remote;) honestly havnt used it since I got it.. timer does the work. Current would probably send you a new one.. great customer service. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have an extra remote;) honestly havnt used it since I got it.. timer does the work. Current would probably send you a new one.. great customer service. .

Do you have the ramp timer?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have five of those lights, one on a 45G that is 14" deep +/-, and four on a 220G that is 26" deep +/- (heights to the substrate).

I like the lights a lot, you can do a lot with the colors. They are very thin and fit nicely in a lot of configurations -- I prefer to sit them directly on the cross braces, not above them on the wire braces.

There are some limitations -- there's no timer. I do not have a ramp timer but have heard conflicting stories how well they work.

It works perfectly with an on/off timer in the sense it goes off and comes back on exactly as it went off, so the lack of a timer is only relevant if you want ramp up/down or automatic programs (well, you'll need a $10 timer).

I did a computer control timer driving a IR LED so I can program mine (it's done on a Raspberry Pi; there are also numerous Arduino plans out there if you are handy with a soldering iron).

I'm getting good growth in a low tech tank in both cases. With two over the ends of my 220G the light level is "high low" but very even. With four over the middle two feet of the tank I'm firmly into the medium light range. An advantage of having two or more over a tank is that the lighting is VERY even -- those very bright, widely spaced LED's on their sister company's E series, for example, have bright pools of light near the top of the water - not nice even light.

But this is not a high tech, high light LED.

Note Current now has a "Pro" version with twice the light output (and less LED's if I recall -- so more "pools" again).

But overall I liked the first one I bought well enough to buy four more, and don't regret it.

I have five of those lights, one on a 45G that is 14" deep +/-, and four on a 220G that is 26" deep +/- (heights to the substrate).

I like the lights a lot, you can do a lot with the colors. They are very thin and fit nicely in a lot of configurations -- I prefer to sit them directly on the cross braces, not above them on the wire braces.

There are some limitations -- there's no timer. I do not have a ramp timer but have heard conflicting stories how well they work.

It works perfectly with an on/off timer in the sense it goes off and comes back on exactly as it went off, so the lack of a timer is only relevant if you want ramp up/down or automatic programs (well, you'll need a $10 timer).

I did a computer control timer driving a IR LED so I can program mine (it's done on a Raspberry Pi; there are also numerous Arduino plans out there if you are handy with a soldering iron).

I'm getting good growth in a low tech tank in both cases. With two over the ends of my 220G the light level is "high low" but very even. With four over the middle two feet of the tank I'm firmly into the medium light range. An advantage of having two or more over a tank is that the lighting is VERY even -- those very bright, widely spaced LED's on their sister company's E series, for example, have bright pools of light near the top of the water - not nice even light.

But this is not a high tech, high light LED.

Note Current now has a "Pro" version with twice the light output (and less LED's if I recall -- so more "pools" again).

But overall I liked the first one I bought well enough to buy four more, and don't regret it.

Wow great. Thank you for your input. I'm not looking for some high tech light to grow a forest in my tank. I just have lowlight plants and my fish prefer dimmer lighting so I wanted something I could control a little more than my current setup, sounds like I made an alright choice with these. I'm excited to get them. Unfortunately my mom gets really into Christmas and gets pissed when I don't give her any ideas so this year she demanded to have something for me to open when I go visit them...so I told her to buy me these and she is refusing to let me come over and pick them up now so I have to wait a few weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Wow great. Thank you for your input. I'm not looking for some high tech light to grow a forest in my tank. I just have lowlight plants and my fish prefer dimmer lighting so I wanted something I could control a little more than my current setup, sounds like I made an alright choice with these. I'm excited to get them. Unfortunately my mom gets really into Christmas and gets pissed when I don't give her any ideas so this year she demanded to have something for me to open when I go visit them...so I told her to buy me these and she is refusing to let me come over and pick them up now so I have to wait a few weeks.

Mom's are like that...or can be, they like you to have something to open, even if the fish have to wait! Merry Christmas, great gift.

I like my Current Satellite+ so far on my 55 gallon. My plants are doing well and the ramp timer works great ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423711999.108599.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I like my Current Satellite+ so far on my 55 gallon. My plants are doing well and the ramp timer works great View attachment 264098

This is an old one, haha. Your plants look great, I'm extremely jealous. I've currently got the satellites and finnex planted+ running concurrently on my tank, seems to have perked my plants up a little when I added the Finnex. I only run them from 8-6, though. Can't beat the satellites for their color customization. I love my little preset colors. All whites off and the coloreds making the tank orange. Beautiful.

This is an old one, haha. Your plants look great, I'm extremely jealous. I've currently got the satellites and finnex planted+ running concurrently on my tank, seems to have perked my plants up a little when I added the Finnex. I only run them from 8-6, though. Can't beat the satellites for their color customization. I love my little preset colors. All whites off and the coloreds making the tank orange. Beautiful.

Thanks, I was searching for reviews of the Ramp Timer and didn't check the dates lol. I almost bought the Finnex Fugeray but my LFS talked me into the Current and so far it seems great

I have been wanting one as well. I don't understand the lengths the site has listed. They have 24"-36", 36"-48", 48"-60" Does that mean the light is 24" but good for a tank up to 36" or is the length somewhere in between? What is recommended for a standard 75G the 36"-48"?

I have been wanting one as well. I don't understand the lengths the site has listed. They have 24"-36", 36"-48", 48"-60" Does that mean the light is 24" but good for a tank up to 36" or is the length somewhere in between? What is recommended for a standard 75G the 36"-48"?

Get one! They're awesome lights. The actual lighting unit us the smaller of the 2 measures, it will accommodate tanks up to the longest measure. I use a 36" suspended over a 20l. I'd rather have the light shine over the sides than fall short in the tank.

Get one! They're awesome lights. The actual lighting unit us the smaller of the 2 measures, it will accommodate tanks up to the longest measure. I use a 36" suspended over a 20l. I'd rather have the light shine over the sides than fall short in the tank.

Good to know thanks. I have to get one of these soon.

I find the ramp timer works ok if you're on one of the "constant" presets. If you use a custom light output or one of the dynamic modes then the light will pulse during the ramp on/off.

That's been my experience anyway.

(y) on this light! Just got it this week 48in, beautiful, and the sunrise/sunset is just awesome. You can get any light configuration you want out of this, more red/blue/green/white? sure, just raise and lower til you get the hue that works for you..

Awesome light, I don't feel cheated out of my money with this.

Is there a big difference between the Pro and the regular +?

Is there a big difference between the Pro and the regular +?

I answered your other post, yes! Huge difference in performance and price, a simple google search would land you that conclusion;)

Sorry I was working and researching at the same time lol

I answered your other post, yes! Huge difference in performance and price, a simple google search would land you that conclusion;)

At this point I'd go with the pro, it's dimmable and the power is there when you're ready!

Back
Top Bottom