Curved spine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmdavies

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello yesterday i noticed my male panchax spine is curved. What does this mean? Apart from his spine he is normal no loss of appetite or lathargic.

i had a fish with a curved spine and it slowly went away,i havent got a clue about it though

When i bought the fish it didnt have one iv only noticed it recently

tmdavies said:
Any thoughts? Is he in danger?

I don't know much about it except that tetras have that same disease maybe it could be the same for your fish also Ive seen that it's a sign that the fish is too large for the tank

i have a snow white cichlid that has this and he dose fine . i figure as long as he eats and swims and seams happy ill let him live out his life. i have 3 special needs fish and i love them and they are all 3 in the same tank. i think of them as my own kids so what would i do.

I don't know much about it except that tetras have that same disease maybe it could be the same for your fish also Ive seen that it's a sign that the fish is too large for the tank

Not sure if that's quite the reason. I have a Dwarf Gourami that I moved to a 100 gl. and his spine recently became curved. the only thing I can attribute mines to: is Spawning. He did the mating dance and built several nests, and fertilized eggs and what not. Maybe he threw his back out... will post pic later.

im concerned about it being TB.... My other fish could get it

Back
Top Bottom