CYANOBACTERIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mjkelly

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone,
I have a question..I am new to this and have had my tank now for about 8 weeks..fully stocked. its a 10 gallon tank..
I have this nasty cyno going on now..is there anything I can do to get rid of this..I have been doing weekly water changes and all my levels are good..my nitrate levels are really low..under 10ppm..and Was told this might be the cause..I looking for some suggestions..I really don't want to add chemicals..

thanks

Try cutting back feeding a little. Excess food nutrients will sustain stuff that you don't want in your tank, so the less waste the better. It's hard to underfeed tropicals.

I've battled cyanobacteria a while ago, and I did a 3 day complete blackout to remove it. I hung a thick sheet over my tank, and didn't look at it for 3 days. I did remove all the cyanobacteria from the tank before the blackout (all the stuff I could see). Afterwards I dosed a half dose of medicine that was given to me by my lfs to battle the cyano. All that did the trick and I have no cyano atm. Good luck!

I tried going to that link..nothing there..
anyhow..seems to be getting better. I am not leaving the lights on as much..it has pretty much stopped coming back..so maybe its under control now..

Back
Top Bottom