Cycle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bobby56

Aquarium Advice Freak
OK so I have a new 38gal tank. This is going to be a slow build due to lack of money lol. My ? Is I have brought the filter already fluval c3, and was wondering if I ran that on my already cycled tank along with my other filter will this speed up the process for my new tank?

Yes, but you would have to run it for a week or two. Maybe a better idea would be to share SOME of the media from the established filter with the new filter and go ahead and put it on the new tank. Make sure to have a food source for the BB though.

BB = Beneficial Bacteria

You need pure ammonia (no surfactants, perfumes, etc. if it bubbles when you shake it put it back on the shelf) as a food source to keep it alive and to cycle the tank if you are doing a FISHLESS cycle.

I was going to put it on my 30gal I have running now with fish in. So I will be running both filter on the 30. Then when I have the 38 set up I am going to transfer the new filter to that tank. Then was going to add fish. Will that speed up the cycle process

I was going to put it on my 30gal I have running now with fish in. So I will be running both filter on the 30. Then when I have the 38 set up I am going to transfer the new filter to that tank. Then was going to add fish. Will that speed up the cycle process

Yep that would work well. The longer you can run the filter on the current tank the more bacteria will grow, I'd suggest at least 3-4 weeks.

Yeah that's good because it will probably be 4 weeks before I finish setting up my new tank

Back
Top Bottom