Cycle in 75?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lcars

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys I have been thinking of in a few months to maybe a year tearing down my 2 existing 29 gallons and setting up a 75 in their place. But I was wondering if I would still need to go through a cycle if I use the same filters, gravel, fake plants and decorations from the two originals since they include beneficial bacteria. Thanks!

If you use the same filters and keep them wet in tank water you don't need to cycle again. The BB are already on there, what's the point? Just stock slowly over the course of a week so you don't completely overload your bacteria and you'll be fine.

Ok thank you! now if I was to add another unused filter would that change anything if it is working with the two used ones?

No, if you use it it'll just eventually grow bacteria on it IME, I've been running my marineland biowheel penguin 200 in my thirty gallon for a couple of weeks now and it's been seeded.

bruinsbro1997 said:
If you use the same filters and keep them dry you don't need to cycle again. The BB are already on there, what's the point? Just stock slowly over the course of a week so you don't completely overload your bacteria and you'll be fine.

U mean wet right?

Agreed stock very lightly a couple days later ... U should be ok

Hi guys I have been thinking of in a few months to maybe a year tearing down my 2 existing 29 gallons and setting up a 75 in their place. But I was wondering if I would still need to go through a cycle if I use the same filters, gravel, fake plants and decorations from the two originals since they include beneficial bacteria. Thanks!

DECHLORINATE frist.

bruinsbro1997 said:
Yes I meant wet! Another typo by bruins...whoops! WIll fix that. Thank you flossie :)

Yw :) hehe . I typo a lot

Back
Top Bottom