Cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another question. When can I clean the sides of the tank? There is so much buildup on them! Should I wait until its done cycling all the way this time? Lol.

I did my first 40-50% pwc with success. Didn't piss the little dude off too much. He was curious (I think) which is good. By that I mean he swam around a lot and wanted to be right by where I was funneling water into the tank.

Amm: 0
Nitrates: 5
Nitrites: .25 (which is why I did the pwc)
pH: slightly darker than 7.6 again, so idk.... Lol.

I think your fine to wipe the sides of the glass off. Yes, bacteria grows all over the surfaces of your tank but it shouldnt throw your bacteria levels off. If it did, i would have alot of problems because i do this atleast once a wk. Just stay ontop of your tests & water changes & you should be fine! :)

Are you sure you don't want one? You know you do! :)

ForumRunner_20120117_223240.jpg

Lol, my wife hates when I spend time on my tanks. She just doesn't enjoy it like I do. I've sat and watched my puffer for 30 min now. She's walked in twice for about 45 seconds each haha. I fed my Rasboras and Cherry Barbs live brine shrimp and told her to watch... She didn't find them fighting over shrimp fascinating and intriguing :( She kinda laughed and walked away.

I hope your husband is into the hobby! Lol. And make him say yes to you setting up a small DP tank. He won't regret it! =)

Poor us. Maybe one day they'll change. Keepin' my fingers crossed ;)

You could definitely teach him a lot. You're full of knowledge!

Thanks, Ceej!!! He not really interested in learning but lots of people on here are so thats what counts! I just try to help where i can! :)

:) We certainly appreciate your help immensely.

Reactions: jlk
Back
Top Bottom