Cycling.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ImACoolguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay my tank has been cycling around 2 weeks and I want to know if it is coming along okay.

75 gallon tank

Tests done with APIA liquid test kit

pH: 6.8-7.0

Ammonia: 0ppm-0.25ppm

Nitrite: 0ppm

Nitrate: 0ppm

I got these same readings a week ago.

I have a filter cartridge building up bacteria and should be done by Feb. 8th (3 weeks to build up)

That's my primary thing and also I heard this is bacteria and doesn't hurt the tank but should I at least clean it up? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422058025.774724.jpg

If possible, how much longer till it finishes cycling?

Any answers or comments are much appreciated:)

Caleb

Might have a slight obsession with my fish

How are you cycling it? It doesn't sound like anything is happening. There should be more ammonia...and when it gets down to that level, 0-.25, you should be having nitrites appear.

As far as the driftwood you're fine keeping it like it is. You can rub it off or just leave it to clear on its own.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Sadly I am a victim of the "24 hour cycle" told by pet store associates. So I have 2 Angels, 1 gourami, 2 pictus catfish, a peacock eel, and 4 mystery snails. They seem to be all eating fine and don't see any color changes or spots on skin. I'm guessing they greatly effect the cycling process? This tank also has quite a few live plants in it.

Caleb

I have read up on the cycling process after I found out about it

Caleb

I have read up on the cycling process after I found out about it. That being said I'm no expert. I just want to know if the cycling process it okay, it it's not how can I fix it?

Caleb

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom