cycling help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have never used this product, but from what I've heard it doesn't contain the correct bacteria and thus doesn't work.

Bio-spira I have tried, and I know that it does work. You add it when you add your fish (literally), and the tank is cycled.

It's refrigerated to keep the bacteria alive but dormant until they warm up in your tank water. If the product you were asking about has living bacteria in it, then they will die fairly soon after leaving the factory as they run out of food and starve (hence the reason for refrigeration with bio-spira).

This is just my personal experience with bio-spira and assumption about cycle. Some one else may have better information...

I have not personally used Cycle, but I haven't heard a lot good things about it. It seems this product is either hit or miss. As for Bio-Spira it will not be available until later this year due to the popularity and lack of supply, so the company is making more until then it is very very scarce to find.

I thought you already had your tank setup and going did you not have any fish in there? Do you happen to have a friend/family member with a health tank? You can tank their filter media and squeeze it into your tank or even tank a scoop of their gravel, stick it into a nylon stocking and that should jump start your tank.

I'm sure other people will give you suggestions. Also if you haven't already checkout the cycling article on this site.

I'll admit, I received a lot advice on this forum and others that had warned me against using Cycle. Not that is was harmful to the tank per-se, but did more or less nothing other than rob your wallet.

I happened to have received Cycle from a friend late into the establishment of my tank. I was struggling with the natural cycle, and was told that time would be the solution.

Since the product was free to me, and everything else wasn't producing any results, I went ahead and used the appropriate amount of 'Cycle' as recommended by the directions.

Within a few days, my tank did indeed improve. HOWEVER, it may have had NOTHING to do with 'Cycle'...my tank could have just been taking its time on its own and would have produced these reults anyway. It could be just a coincidence, so I am not reporting favor towards 'Cycle'. What I am saying is I did use it weeks into a fishy cycle, it was free, things started to turn around within a few days of use.

But it appears the jury is still out on it. I'd personally liek to use Bio-Spira, but NOBODY has it right now. At least I can't find anybody. :(

This is just my opinion but I dont think cycle works at all.
I have used it before and it still took my tank SEVERAL weeks to cycle.
I agree it is just a drain on your wallet.

Personally, I would cycle your tank the old fashioned way. Uncured LR worked very well for me. Just be patient my friend. :D

Back
Top Bottom