cycling my filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
im a bit concerned this morning. my fish are alive but they are just laying on the gravel. they havent really moved for a couple of hours.
is this because ive added a heater?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Mmmm...not sure. What temp did you start at & how fast did it warm up?I ve read before to raise temp 1 degree in a 24 hr period.
What are your recent water chemistry readings & do you have a air stone?
Never hurts to do a 50% WC either.

Mmmm...not sure. What temp did you start at & how fast did it warm up?I ve read before to raise temp 1 degree in a 24 hr period.
What are your recent water chemistry readings & do you have a air stone?
Never hurts to do a 50% WC either.

i did a water change. i dont have an airstone but i do have a treasure chest that pumps oxygen into the tank.
my temperature was 24°c room temperature an it went up to 27°c when i added the heater. i had the heater set at 26°c. so ive turnt it down now to 24°c and the temperature has stayed at 26°c

im a bit concerned this morning. my fish are alive but they are just laying on the gravel. they havent really moved for a couple of hours.
is this because ive added a heater?

I dont think so. Do you have a thermometer in yout tank?

I dont think so. Do you have a thermometer in yout tank?

yes. its at the opposite end of the tank to the heater and its reading 26°c. and in the green recomended area. they seem to have livened up now.
im goong to buy a bigger tank in a couple of weeks. i keep reading sometimes smaller tanks can be harder because the small volume of water.

After the fish being in the dark for a while or overnight, when you first turn on the lights, it takes a while for them to "wake up".

hi guys. this is my lastest test. my nitrate is 20.
do i need to do anything to get this to 0 or is this the last stage of my cycle?

Attachments

• 1393963049183.jpg
    1393963049183.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 60
I can't tell, is that ammonia vial all yellow or is it still a tad greenish?

NitrAtes are only removed via water changes. When you consistently show 0 ammonia, 0 nitrItes is when you are cycled.

I can't tell, is that ammonia vial all yellow or is it still a tad greenish?

NitrAtes are only removed via water changes. When you consistently show 0 ammonia, 0 nitrItes is when you are cycled.

it is yellow. and my nitrates is orange. the light isnt clear.

Back
Top Bottom