Cycling Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eltee

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm two weeks into my first fishless cycling and for the first time, I got 4 ppm ammonia to 0 ppm in 24 hours. My nitrites are super high though still (high as the test kit can read), and for some reason now my nitrates have dropped a bunch since yesterday (60 to about 10). I'm not really sure what's happening now, aren't the nitrates supposed to keep growing?

My ph is also above what the test kit can show (7.6) is that okay?

Thank you!!

Attached are all my numbers the last couple weeks.
NYTqB1H

Ok so your final numbers should be
0 ammonia
0 nitrites
5-20 nitrates
You can lower your nitrites by doing water changes. Your nitrates are fine. 7.6 isn't too high for fish, chances are that whatever pet store you go to in your area will have a similar PH

Ok so your final numbers should be
0 ammonia
0 nitrites
5-20 nitrates
You can lower your nitrites by doing water changes. Your nitrates are fine. 7.6 isn't too high for fish, chances are that whatever pet store you go to in your area will have a similar PH

gotcha - i guess what im confused by is my ammonia easily drops by my nitrites stay really high? that's normal?

I just did a 50 percent water change and the nitrites didnt go down - do you think I should do another one? Thanks again!!!

Have you tested your tap water ?

Back
Top Bottom