Dalmation Mollies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amazonian13

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all, recently got a dalmation molly, not realizing they are omnivoires and apparently can take down plants in days. My 55 gallon is completly planted with about 8 different large plants bamboo, anubis nana, amazon & brazilian sword just wanted to see if anyone had experience with these guys and whether he should be fine or should I get rid of because he will eat all my plants away? Thanks for any info or advice

I have a dalmation molly and also a planted tank. I notice her nibbling from time to time, but certainly not devouring anything. I don't plan to keep her in my planted tank for long anyway, but I haven't noticed her doing anything too detrimental. It has only been a week with her in there, but I haven't noticed any damage.

I have 3 mollies (two regular, one sailfin.) They nibble the plants every so often but they haven't done any visible damage.

Mollies are ALWAYS hungry, I have 4, 2 dalmatian 2 sailfin. They are always the first to the surface during feeding time, and they get soo fat! They are some of my favorites, but yes they do nibble. I keep floating plants for them to nibble on; floating plants tend to reproduce quickly so they leave your other plants alone.

Back
Top Bottom