danios and gourmis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saffa-man

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
would a school of zebra danios(im planning to get 7 of them) get along with a dwarf gourami?:confused:

yes. =] They should get along fine. =] What size of tank though just to be sure?

my danios (3) seem to harrass my dwarf gourami, (male) they've shredded his fins a bit, so having a back up plan wouldn't hurt!
all the best.

my danios (3) seem to harrass my dwarf gourami, (male) they've shredded his fins a bit, so having a back up plan wouldn't hurt!
all the best.

Ah, you're kidding! I'm sorry! It could be because you only have 3 though... They're definitely more aggressive in small groups IME.

My zebras aren't bothered by the gouramis in my tank, I have probably 10 or more zebras in the tank, and 2 gouramis.

My zebras aren't bothered by the gouramis in my tank, I have probably 10 or more zebras in the tank, and 2 gouramis.

Probably because you have enough zebras. =] So to the OP, make sure you get enough!

what about guppies,platies,mollies and swordtails? would they get along with a dwarf gourami

yeah, they should be fine. Just a few things to keep in mind with those:

1) make sure to get a 2:1 female to male ratio with any of those species.
2) Swordtails and mollies have a pretty large bioload, so be careful not to overstock.

I just added 6 glo fish/zebra danios with my gourami last night and they are doing just fine so far.

What size tank do you have?

Ah I wouldn't then. I'd go with 29 as a min. tank size for the glo-fish/zebra danios. They are very active fish that zip all around a large tank. Them and their tankmates would benefit from larger tanks. A 20 long might work for them, if understocked so they had most of the room, but your 18 gal likely has it's space in the height, where as they need the length.

what about guppies,platies,mollies and swordtails? would they get along with a dwarf gourami

Mollies and swords have big bio-loads and get much too large for a 18 gal tank, but platties and guppies are perfect.

Back
Top Bottom