Dario dario and betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It depends on the betta, honestly. All bettas have different personalities. Some can tolerate other fish with no issue, some cannot be near another fish, and everywhere in between. I would encourage you to first get the betta, see what his personality is and then try with the badis if he seems docile. Just be sure to have a back-up plan for either of them.

Throw in a ghost shrimp or two in with your betta as a rough measure of how aggressive he/she is

One more thing
Always have a back up plan

I used to have one betta along with five tetras and some cherry shrimp, my betta was docile for a while ....
Out of no where he started lunging relentlessly at all my other fish :/ had to buy him a 5g that same day!

Oh I know all about the wiley ways of the Betta! I think the challenge is part of the allure! I actually have some ghost shrimp in there with him now but it's got a lot of plants and I haven't been able to locate all three -- so he either ate them or they are hiding... I can usually find one at a time but don't know if it's the same one each time it not!

He used to have some tetras in with him and he didn't bother them. But now that he has the place to himself he seems to do a "you talkin' to me?" routine to anything he comes across, even me! Maybe when I have a nice chunk if time to observe him I'll put a few female guppies in with him and see if he cares. I'm going to rearrange the tank anyway, do that might help too.

Oh yes, back up plans are essential for a Betta household!

Another thing to keep in mind is that the badis may not like the betta. Males can be bossy and nasty to other males, so a betta might not be the best choice. Also, I think a betta wouldn't likely enjoy how colorful the males are. Personally, I wouldn't do it.

absolutangel04 said:
Another thing to keep in mind is that the badis may not like the betta. Males can be bossy and nasty to other males, so a betta might not be the best choice. Also, I think a betta wouldn't likely enjoy how colorful the males are. Personally, I wouldn't do it.

Good to know, I don't know much about badis besides how cool they look!

Back
Top Bottom