darn...where is my zebra? and my frog?(omg, frog found)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arrow1234

Aquarium Advice Regular
something really weird happening these days, i lost a zebra danio a couple weeks ago, and even now i could NOT find any dead body, none, i checked everywhere, gravel, filter, hollow decoration.... negative search result !!!
and last night, i noticed that my new African Dwarf Frogs(bought 2 days ago) was out of sight too, so i just do a vacuum and wave up all the gravel but i couldnt find the dead body.
my tank has a 3-inches gap up on top, is that a possible way to let the frog jump out from there? there is no land above water level in my tank.

dam, where are they?

It is possible that the frog and the danio did a jump of faith. However, i am interested to know if you have any other tank inhabitants ....

Are there any hollowed out decorations like those cheezy plastic castles etc?

Maybe they eloped? Nah, just kidding. I believe you though I had the same thing happen quite a while back with some rosy red minnows. POOF* just gone I never found remains or body iiin tank or on floor. Just so dang weird. There was no predatory fish in tank either. They were there in the morning and when I came back they were gone, the bodies cant deterioraate that dang fast!! Do you own a cat?? It may have went fishing. Sneaky buggers, I'll be danged if I know how they catch fish in a tank so easily and we have to chasem around forever with a net!!!

Yes thats 3 dangs, it is quiite late andd I need to get some zzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz......

frogs can hide pretty well, he could still be in there. I couldn't find mine last night when I was feeding the frozen food, but he came out when he smelled it. Mine was under pictus belly I think. He likes to snuggle with the big fish in the caves.

it is possible that your fish died naturaly but other inhabitants have eaten it... a lot of fish eat dead meat...

what ??
wonder2.gif

omg,
donno.gif
donno.gif
donno.gif
, so many fishes disappear in our community.
same as u guys, i searched for the whole tank, upside-down inside-out, nothing

lovemybarbs said:
frogs can hide pretty well, he could still be in there. I couldn't find mine last night when I was feeding the frozen food, but he came out when he smelled it. Mine was under pictus belly I think. He likes to snuggle with the big fish in the caves.

great u found it, i wonder if your tank is sealed, so that no fish or frog can jump up over the tank and get away ?

ye fish eats dead meat, but i think they dont eat the bone and the head, there is no meat there

so how can we avoid losing fish again?

Even if it was eaten, you should have found a body. It also takes awhile for the fish to eat it, so you should have seen them picking on the fish if he did indeed die in the tank.

My bet is you've got a jumper. Check the floor!

I once had a Columbian Shark dissapear into thin air. The tank is in a empty room so looking for the "leap of faith" jump is not an issue. He was in the tank with 3 other sharks so I think he could have been eaten. They were bellies full the next time I looked at them :x

If a fish has been sick for a significant period, its bones can start to decalcify, making it less likely that you will find remains.

The aliens took them. Took some of mine too. They are all having a big party somewhere. :)

omg, i just found my frog(lost 2 weeks ago) in my in-tank hollow-decoration...
HOW CAN THAT BE???
during the 2 weeks disappear, i have NEVER seen him at all, not even going up to surface for breathing......

sounds very very strange, that may be a '666' (found on 2006-6-6) frog !!!
shocking.gif
shocking.gif
shocking.gif
shocking.gif
shocking.gif
shocking.gif

edited: the frog is still alive

Yay!! They are so tiny and flat they can store themselves anywhere, I guess. Must be coming out at night for food....

Now where's that danio!!!?

Wow - congrats on finding the frog !
I'm beginning to hate hollow decorations more and more (the type where the fish are NOT supposed to go into the hollow sections). I stuffed all mine with filter floss after losing that betta inside it.
Glad Mr Frog is ok :) sneaky little dude LOL

Back
Top Bottom