dead balloon molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uh_alright

Aquarium Advice Newbie
it saddens me to say but...this morning i found one of my balloon mollies dead. :cry: i dont know how it happened. it just had fry a few days ago and 2 days ago, it was acting kind of funny with the other molly. theyve been in the corner of the tank huddled. i dont really understand why. i mean i watched her eat and everything. i've only had the tank for about 2 weeks. i tested the water. i just recently separated the fry in a breeder thing. the fry seem fine and healthy. the other molly now seems sad too. that one just hides in the corner and eats only when i leave the room. :( if anyone knows what it could have been, please let me know. thanks. :cry:

Tank has: 2 fake plants in between 1 big rock
Chlorine: 0
Nitrites: 0
ppm Total Hardness: 120 (moderate)
pH: 7.6
Temp: 82F
Tank size: 6 gallons

it just had fry a few days ago and 2 days ago, it was acting kind of funny with the other molly

This could be your problem. It's not too uncommon for fish to pass after giving birth.

Just out of curiosity, is there anyway you can test your ammonia or nitrAte levels?

I wouldn't worry too much about the fish being sick, if it looked otherwise normal at death. As for the other fish, see if it perks in a few days. Have you added anything to the tank recently (inside, or outside of it) that may be scaring it?

Back
Top Bottom