dead cory cat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jennypenny

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well I lost my first fish today. I bought 6 julii cory cats on Saturday, today one is dead. They are in a 36 gallon tank with 6 tiger barbs and 4 zebra danios. When I added them on Saturday the tigers were being quite the brats, chasing and harassing the corys. So I moved eveything around in the tank and now they only give chase occasionaly. This whole time one cory has been kinda lethargic, moves a bit but mostly just hangs out in a corner with one fin tucked in (unless it was gone already). I think this is my little guy that died. Any who when I checked over the body it looked liked his fin was possibly missing, there was a red spot near the fin joint. I should add I saw all the corys alive this morning. I have been keeping a close eye on everyone, none of the fish have any damage to their fins. All the other fins on the dead cory looked fine too. So was this the work of the tiger barbs, or could this have happened when the LFS guy caught them , or when I added them to the tank on Saturday. Everyone seems to be getting along, I even saw a couple of the corys chase a barb away from an algae wafer.

Oh and I found him while testing my water the results are:

A= 0
Ites= 0
Ates= 5
and
Ph= 7.2 ish

I hope all this makes sense. Thanks for taking a look at this!

Jenn

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom