Dead flame gouramis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vaquero

Aquarium Advice Freak
Found two dead gouramis in my 25 gal this morning. I immediately checked water and all is ok ammo was .025. What happened had them for 3 months now.
Added more conditioned water to bring the level up also. One more I notice is just staying calm at the bottom of the tank, what's going on??????? I have not added anything new to the tank in over three months fish wise.

You should do a water change of about 50%. There should be no ammonia, so something is off. Hopefully that will help.

In my experience, dwarf gourami's are not hardy fish. Any level of ammonia will do them harm.

Did you by any chance use them to cycle the tank? What else is in the tank with them?

You shouldn't have any amount of ammonia after three months. Do the water changes as suggested and keep your eye on the last gourami, as it sounds like he's on his way out as well.

I would also decrease the amount of feeding until you figure this out.

David

Did you notice any odd behaviors? Are the dead fish injured? Gouramis can become aggressive. The ammonia spike could be from the dead fish. I'd do a 50% water change and just keep an eye on things.

Back
Top Bottom