Dead neon tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Krayzie

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just almost fully stocked my tank with 5 platys, 5 neon tetras, and 1 dwarf gourmi. So I just saw that 1 of my tetras is dead. It got sucked to the filter. I have a AC 50G for my 20 gallon tank, how long will they be alright until I add some more? I know they are a schooling fish. BTW I have 3 male and 2 females. I noticed the males are pretty much raping the females. Theyre chasing em everywhere. Am I gonna expect soon? Lol! I really have no room for babies so I have no idea what to do with em. Also, my DG is acting really weird. Hes hiding most of the time. Is this normal?

Another thing, Im having a hard time deciding on bottom dwellers. I wanted Khuli loaches but they are hard to find. Opinions?

Sounds like the biolaoad is overwhelmed. I wouldn't add any new fish yet.

I just almost fully stocked my tank with 5 platys, 5 neon tetras, and 1 dwarf gourmi. So I just saw that 1 of my tetras is dead. It got sucked to the filter. I have a AC 50G for my 20 gallon tank, how long will they be alright until I add some more? I know they are a schooling fish. BTW I have 3 male and 2 females. I noticed the males are pretty much raping the females. Theyre chasing em everywhere. Am I gonna expect soon? Lol! I really have no room for babies so I have no idea what to do with em. Also, my DG is acting really weird. Hes hiding most of the time. Is this normal?

How long had the neons been in there? What were the intervals between adding fish?

Back
Top Bottom