dead shrimp stuck to the lid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tostada

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 30 gal. hex. Right now it only has 3 danios (1 longfin female, 1 zebra female, 1 zebra male), a beta, and 5 ghost shrimp. It also has 2 bunches of anacharis plants.

I did a PWC yesterday and refilled a little too much. Measuring where I accidentally filled to, it was 7/16" or 1.1cm from the lid.

So I had 5 ghost shrimp in there. Two were pretty big, the rest were medium to small. This morning I could only find the two big ones hanging around in my plants. I lifted up the hood and there were two of the smaller ones just stuck to the bottom of the lid (the third smaller one is probably somewhere in the plants).

How does that even happen? The shrimp just decides to poke around on the lid then loses a fight with surface tension on the glass?

everytime i put 100 or so shrimp in my tank, i get many stuck to the glass. what happens is when the shrimp is swimming around the surface and a fish spokes it, it jumps out of the water and then gets stuck.

Back
Top Bottom