Dead zebra snail?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KFav93

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, my snail was missing for like a week, and today I found him outside behind my tank, I put him back into the tank and he hasn't budged. He's not hanging out of the shell or anything and doesn't smell bad. He's been in the tank for a couple hours now and still nothing. So I'm assuming he's dead? Is there a way to tell?

Well, my snail was missing for like a week, and today I found him outside behind my tank, I put him back into the tank and he hasn't budged. He's not hanging out of the shell or anything and doesn't smell bad. He's been in the tank for a couple hours now and still nothing. So I'm assuming he's dead? Is there a way to tell?
So I had a similar experience. I had a problem with my tank and thought he died along with some fish. (He waz lying on his side with the trap door closed) I was so upset about the fish i left my snail in the tank...2 days later he was up and moving around. He has been fine since then! I read into it a little more and it seems that this will happen time to time. If the trap door is closed and there is not stinky smell, it should be okay. Some people suggest giving the trap drop a tap (hard it is alive- smelly gross guts come out dead.) But i am not a big fan of poking things [emoji39]

I also read that sometimes they can get stuck on there backs

Definitely smell it.

If it's dead, I promise you, you'll know.

Give it a whiff once a morning. If he's still stink-free, just let him get on with it.

Back
Top Bottom