Dechlorinator help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tampa

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have to buy some water dechlorinator. I can buy it at Petsmart at their online price. Which of the following would you recommend for quality and best "bang for the buck" ?

Prime, Amquel Plus, Aqua Safe (Tetra), Novaqua Plus(by Kordon) 0r Aqua Plus

Thanks

I would go with Prime. It definitely has the most "bang for the buck" since it is very concentrated. I use 3-4 drops per gallon. It lasts a long time.

Prime is actually 2 drops per gallon. I never realized this until I got a small bottle for my girlfriend's Betta tank. That's the way to go.

theotheragentm said:
Prime is actually 2 drops per gallon. I never realized this until I got a small bottle for my girlfriend's Betta tank. That's the way to go.

Prime...

I never knew that...we have a big bottle, what kind of dropper? I am curious, as we have a smaller tank, and are wanting to use prime on it...

Another vote for prime here. I have 12 tanks and a 4l bottle of prime really lasts me at least twice as long as other brands. Not to mention it really works great.

I use Prime as well. I get it from Petsmart using their online price as you have mentioned.

Prime, hands down. 2cv, I've used Tetra before. It works well, but Prime is super concentrated and a bottle is about the same cost as Tetra. So, I can buy a bottle that will be gone in 2 months or buy a bottle that will last a year for the same price... not too hard to figure that one out.

Back
Top Bottom