declorinator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ashley- You can also buy it from Big Al's. We buy the biggest bottle they have. It's cheaper than the lfs. Might be worth a try.

Yeah, but you can buy a 2 liter bottle of Prime for $39.94 after shipping. At our lfs the 500ml bottle is pushing $35. So it's definately worth it in our situation. It just depends on how much your store sells it for. Most things we buy from Big Al's because even after shipping, we are saving at lest 40%.

2 liter bottle is going to last AshleyNicole about 5 years at the rate Prime seems to last! :)

10 gallons per water change (for a 55 gal) = 5 ml prime. That's 400 water changes!

fprintf said:
2 liter bottle is going to last AshleyNicole about 5 years at the rate Prime seems to last! :)

10 gallons per water change (for a 55 gal) = 5 ml prime. That's 400 water changes!

I can't find prime anywhere online... and also, i do a water change twice a week and i change at least 30 gallons with my python... so yes it would be a money saver but i don't quite think it would last 5 years!!!
2 water changes/week = 8 water changes/month = about 90-100 water changes/year!!!

Oh, thanks for the link... I think that will definitely save me some $ down the line and i plan on investing, I am going to get a new test kit also, but i won't be able to order until the beginning of next month.

it says that it detoxifies ammonia and nitrite... does that interfere with your biological filter?

Back
Top Bottom