Decorating ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im pretty new so my advice probably isnt the best but ill try anyway!

I guess it depends on the type of fish you have & the kind of look you want to got for...natural or weird! Natural rocks & caves are good as it gives the fish somewhere to hide from light & the other fish. I really love my bogwood if you're going for the natural look. Just be prepared to leave this soaking for a good month or 2 before putting it in the tank but its worth the wait.

I dont but a lot of folks on here do. Or do what i did & do some google image searches for freshwater tanks to get get some ideas etc.

Somethingclever said:
I have a 30 gallon tank with fish in it but no decorations. I was wondering if anyone can give me some ideas.

What would you like? Planted or not? Natural or themed? It all boils down to what you'd like. :)

What would you like? Planted or not? Natural or themed? It all boils down to what you'd like. :)

See that's the thing, i have no idea what i like haha. Me and my fiance have been playin with ideas and she saw a set up on petsmarts website that she liked but i was hoping to get some pictures from peoples tank setups to have an idea of whats possible ya know.:banghead:

Here's a picture of my new 20L tank. It's all fake plants but I hope to plant real ones one day.

img_1434633_0_ea7c53720861e95bb98d8d89f879f5a2.jpg

Here's my 7.8 gallon it has mostly fake plants but also a few live ones as well:)

Attachments

• image-1755053726.jpg
    image-1755053726.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 148
Here's my set-up:

img_1434675_0_7ccdcd1770cb7b4513567cc4988d6b93.jpg

My mom and I both like the oriental look so we went with some fake bamboo, a little bonsai garden and a dragon bubbler. I also added 2 live plants and will be adding some clay pots for caves in a bit.

Here's my set-up:

img_1434681_0_7ccdcd1770cb7b4513567cc4988d6b93.jpg

My mom and I both like the oriental look so we went with some fake bamboo, a little bonsai garden and a dragon bubbler. I also added 2 live plants and will be adding some clay pots for caves in a bit.

That's almost the exact look we were gonna do! Dragon and all! trippy :blink:

That's almost the exact look we were gonna do! Dragon and all! trippy :blink:

lol we're psychically connected when it comes to decorations! :lol: If your looking for live plants I personally love the green cabomba (in the back right corner of my tank) it does tend to get pretty tall though. If you like it though, it's easily trimmed when it gets tall and then you can replant the cuttings somewhere else in the tank and they'll take root.

I have fake rock and a volcano bubbler. Then in the middle is a piece of drift wood. on one side is a java moss wall, that I made. It is growing slowly/ And then lots of live plants.

In the 10 g, my kids got to decorate it. It has 2 fake rocks and a fake rock steps. several plants and also a moss wall that I made. Plus they got shells and x and o in there.

This my 20 long planted aquarium:

Attachments

• image-2886882983.jpg
    image-2886882983.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 106
Back
Top Bottom