Demon's 90gl tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Demonknight

Aquarium Advice Freak
picked up a free 90 gallon tank, was used for salt water so I have a LOT of scrubbing to do before I can much else (also need to build/buy a stand), but I got to wondering about stocking it...I have 3 angels now (one is tiny tiny) and the other two are in a 45 tall with 2 black skirts (last of a school) and 7 or 8 Harlequin Rasboras...

I was thinking of moving the stock over and letting the wife have the 45 tall for her goldfish, but second thoughts on the narrowness of tank have me thinking that a indoor pond is more likely:flowers: as she likes the ponds at the local Asian eateries she goes to...besides gives me one more reason for more fish right?

yeah, I could give her the 90 but with all the work "I" have to put into it..its mine thank you. :lol: SO...I got to wondering if there are any south american cichlids that get along with angels? maybe something smallish that hang out towards the bottom? my current thought is to use the 45 as a grow out tank if my angels decide to spawn, or anything else I get do.

Oh, and I'll post a few shots of tomorrow of the tank as it is now (before shots), I have a lot of work to do ahead of me.

I wouldn't add the black skirt tetras because they can be fin nippers. For the 45, if you really want cichlids with your angels, I'd add german or bolivian rams

the two black skirts I have are the last of a school I had, lost a few during a move 2 years ago and they get along fine with Gill(silver angel), funny though...while keeping an eye on gill and the new angel the only issue seems to be the new angel dislikes the skirts and doesn't let them get close, but the new angel and gill are getting along fine.

I'll look into the rams and see if I think they will work out.

img_2603048_0_9d992b103578917d9cf1ebba09c0ce59.jpg

img_2603048_1_e3eb7caada5760e6fa062b5f99b70c40.jpg

img_2603048_2_583927541fd2c36f58cdea0fde8e2cc7.jpg

a touch dirty, and a lot of work ahead of me...but it was free. Already did some work after I took these with a scraper and copper brush..sides look far better, fronts mostly just dirt..the back however is going to be a pain as its like concrete.

Back
Top Bottom