Denison barbs???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmny34

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can Denison barbs thrive in solitary or as just a pair??

Can Denison barbs thrive in solitary or as just a pair??

Both ... Denison Barbs are one of the few barbs that can be kept in pairs or single in a tank. I don't know about keeping them completely solitary however ... I'd imagine they do better when kept with other peaceful fish like tetras or Rams if there's only one Denison in the tank.

For Denison's to really thrive and give you their amazing colors, it's best to keep in a schools. You can do a small school of 3 and they'd do fine.

Both ... Denison Barbs are one of the few barbs that can be kept in pairs or single in a tank. I don't know about keeping them completely solitary however ... I'd imagine they do better when kept with other peaceful fish like tetras or Rams if there's only one Denison in the tank.

For Denison's to really thrive and give you their amazing colors, it's best to keep in a schools. You can do a small school of 3 and they'd do fine.

Thanks!!! I actually meant with other peaceful fish when I said solitary lol. I'm getting two tomorrow maybe three!

Would denisons go we'll with a powder blue gourami?

Would denisons go we'll with a powder blue gourami?

Denison Barbs are about as a peaceful a fish as you can find. They'll get along with Gourami's, Tetras, Barbs ... just about any peaceful to semi-aggressive fish. Can't speak for cichlids, but they've been kept with Rams no problem.

They can get up to 6 inches so there's not too many fish in this hobby that would bully them... short of very aggressive fish like some cichlids.
My RTS will terrorize my TigerBarbs during feeding, but doesn't bother any of my 3 Denison.

Some of the best fish! Active, pretty, and hardy once grown. Exceedingly peaceful.

Wouldn't put it with African cichlids or anything super nasty. They are also known to jump

Some of the best fish! Active, pretty, and hardy once grown. Exceedingly peaceful.

Wouldn't put it with African cichlids or anything super nasty. They are also known to jump

Cool!! Yea I can't wait to get them tomorrow!!! I've been wanting them for a while but they were always over $20 wherever I'd see them! I found them on sale at petsmart for $4.55!!!!!!!! So tomorrow I'm gonna get two and maybe 3!

Back
Top Bottom