Depressed fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fibsog

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i dont remember. let me take my arm out of the tan
He doesn't ever go with the other fish. With me 1 week. Does he need a mate of the same species? Other tankmates are guppies, a tetra, and a plecostomus.

Attachments

• image-3335268622.jpg
    image-3335268622.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 138
  • image-264570139.jpg
    image-264570139.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 125
  • image-147642695.jpg
    image-147642695.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 112
That fish is a white skirt tetra and he would really benefit from the addition of 4-5 more of his kind. He will be much more lively and happy with some buddies!:)

That fish is a white skirt tetra and he would really benefit from the addition of 4-5 more of his kind. He will be much more lively and happy with some buddies!:)

Thanks, but i have 6 guppies, the white skirt and another tetra as well as a pleco. I have two worries. 1: ganging up on guppies, and 2: overstocking. Help?

I have a white skirt tetra, when I did have more it still strayed by itself.

That is a tetra. If you plan on keeping it then it needs to be in a school. They are not solitary fish. If the worry is overstocking or ganging up on your guppies then you should probably take it back or rehome it

I though that! I have 2 of these and 2 black skirts they school and play together very happily, you must get at least one more !
Hmm, well if yours don't look like that then I'd say the OP's fish is not depressed but very ill- due perhaps to poor conditions or maybe gill flukes.

You don't see them often but that looks like a Blushing white skirt tetra. They are more translucent. That is normal redness around the gill area in them.

I'm not a fan of Blushing angels either Pixie for the same reason. It's a matter of personal taste, just no my taste... lol!

Back
Top Bottom