Depressed kirbensis??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tanz8anz

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have one male kirbensis cichlid im my tank with 4 angels 6 barbs and a bristlenose.. he has begun to get quite stroppy and tonight when i feed them he didnt come up to see if he liked it or not which is normally what he does if ge doesnt like je will retreat to the bottom.of the tank he very rarely feeds at the top of the tank but tonight he didnt come up to even investigate. He looks healthy still lovely and colourful he just seems to be a bit stroppy with the other fish and is preferring to hide again so i was wondering weather he could be lonely. Do these fish get lonely when they are the only one of there species? We have a female in a smaller tank when we got her she was small amd.colourless and really shy after being picked on by gouramis at the pet store so i.put her in.a smaller tank to lift her spirits before putting her in.our big tank is it time to put her in. Is he needing a mate i do.understand i can only.add a female as addng another male.would be a disaster.

Sent from my LG-E460f using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think you could add the female with no problem as long as she doesn't fit in anyone's mouth. I'm not sure about the depressed thing.

If you add a female and they mate it would also be a disaster. They would most likley kill everything else. They can be VICIOUS.

Really? I have been told and i have read that they do get agressive wen spawning but many people have had 2 kirbs and the other tank mates have survived. I guess im gnna have to wait and c im not sure if hes gonna except her so im gonna have to keep a close eye her

Sent from my LG-E460f using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom