Designing a planted tank, questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philipraposo198

Aquarium Advice Addict
so i want to do a low tech low/med light planted tank.

the goal is to produce something above the norm, and its not something i plan to throw together in a short time.

i have seen lots of videos and pics of gorgeous aqua-scaped tanks. do most people draw out ideas? or just build as they go? i would imagine it must start on paper for some of the more serious designs.

Picking from such an abundant list of plants is very overwhelming, any tips on making this process easier?

I have a very general idea of what type of look I want, but no real clue how i am to achieve it just yet.

here are some pics from tanks i really find spectacular and plan to use ideas from these to create my own. As you can see from the pictures below I really like driftwood incorporated designs. I also want to have some natural rocks. Very little sand showing would be idea as well.

The key aspect if nothing else I want to achieve is a good sense of depth to the tank, i find the very flat looking designs to be boring.

Any tips or advice experience individuals can provide would be great!

Attachments

• 47_1aquarium_ada_plantedtank.jpg
    47_1aquarium_ada_plantedtank.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 93_1aquarium_ada_180_fishtank.jpg
    93_1aquarium_ada_180_fishtank.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 70
  • 436.jpg
    436.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 62
  • aquascaping-aqua-rebell-04.jpg
    aquascaping-aqua-rebell-04.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 64
Any moss, I use xmas moss-very low tech. Java fern is great, I have used in very low tech setups. Anubias is awesome a low light plant. Cryptocorne does well also in low light too.

Back
Top Bottom