Des's 60 Gallon Aquarium of Awesomeness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah lunch that's brutal buddy. At 2cm I wouldn't bother. If they die you are out alot of money.

Thanks for the heads up Snowdr. They actually mostly swim between the glass in the back and the back side of the shells so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Potluck, they do reproduce them. I read an article saying they found a hormone that if introduced in the water if pushes them to breed. Also I have seen them for sale as bred in captivity and in the wild.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes! Haha! So I got a baby pleco to eat up all the algae in the tank. One barb disappeared so I bought another and we are back up to 8. I want to get pictus cats for the tank but whenever I go to my lfs they either don't have them or they are in bad condition. Everyone is doing fine though. Eating well and no real aggression to any given barb. I'll try to snag a pic of my pleco and tank next time I'm home.

I thought about pictus cats but have been told they can be aggressive when they're bigger, 2 of my lfs always have them

Pics of the pleco and barbs.

Attachments

• 1483255150381.jpg
    1483255150381.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 1483255162676.jpg
    1483255162676.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 36
Back
Top Bottom