Detritus again : /

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rolance

Aquarium Advice Freak
I had a bad detritus problem in my 5 gallon when the fry were in there. I figured because of no filtration and live plants. I netted them a few days ago and moved em to my 10 g. I have a sponge filter that is rated for 5g in the 10g with the fry, waiting on the bigger sponge filter to come in. The adults breeded again in the 10 g before I moved them back to the 5 and now I have over 100 fry in there. And now I'm seeing detritus worms on walls again. I guess maybe because of poor filtration? Maybe from netting babies out of the other tank I brought some worms with them? Or maybe they are growing because of dead fry under rocks that didnt make it out or something? Idk what to do. Guess I'll vacuum it for now.

those are typically because of a dirty substrate if i remember correctly, and i dont think a sponge filter is going to fix that, even more so because of the 100 fry in the tank. Only way to fix that IMO is alot of water changes and heavy gravel vacuums

i also think the primary cause of those worms is over feeding. not sure if thats the case here

Well it might be the case because I got the hikari first bites food and its like powder so I'm not sure how much to feed them. I'm sure over 100 fry in a ten gal makes lots of waste and stuff too. The gravel vac and pwc did clear up a lot of the worms. I'll just have to keep it up I think.

Back
Top Bottom