Diary of my 125G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

src

Aquarium Advice Freak
I guess you could say that I have finally started aquascaping my tank, rather than just throwing plants in willy-nilly. Here's the first cut at it:

Lots more to be done. I need to hide the acrylic wall between the substrates, and eventually start some plantings in the PFS. I'll also get rid of most of the anachris once the tank is settled.

Some of the plants I know I want to add include corkscrew vals, dwarf hairgrass and a good bit of java/christmas moss. I also want a good pearling groundcover (can't remember the name right now). I need to figure out what to put in the tree stump - moss is my first instinct.

That off to a great start. I really like the look of the PFS up front, and can bearly see the wall. Moss would look nice in the stump.

Very cool tank. I too really like the dual substrate. Hemianthus callitrichoides "Cuba" is an amazing ground cover. I have it in two tanks, and have had no problems with it at all. In just under two months, it has almost completely covererd the entire bottom of a ten gallon tank, front to back. Spread it out good when you plant it, it will do the rest!

Very nice looking hardscape :) I love the white sand beach you've got. I second Glenc's idea of HC. It would look just spectacular in that tank. Can't wait to see how this one develops :)

Back
Top Bottom