Did I mess up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I had a aquaclear 70 and an aquaclear 150 and I up graded to a rena xp3(got for 20 bucks on craigslist awesome) so I put in 2 filter pads then the filter media from my aquaclears in the 1st basket then lava rock and my rocks from my aquaclear in the second basket then poly-fil in the 3rd basket...will this work to not have to recycle my tank or go thru a mini cycle

As long as you moved all your old media over you'll be fine. The only bacteria you'll be losing is what was on the actual filter housing. Just watch the levels for a while. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have one of your HOB's running with the canister though. That way if one were to fail you have a backup already running. Plus you can pull if off and use it as a QT if needed.

eco23 said:
As long as you moved all your old media over you'll be fine. The only bacteria you'll be losing is what was on the actual filter housing. Just watch the levels for a while. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have one of your HOB's running with the canister though. That way if one were to fail you have a backup already running. Plus you can pull if off and use it as a QT if needed.

I'm actually moving the hob to my newly set up 40g to seed cycle it..thx for the advice

Back
Top Bottom