Different killi species in a community tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NATFT

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Would I be able to keep different killifish species in a 200L community tank? At the moment i have a pair of Australe golds? I have no intention of breeding them. If so what would would be a suitable species?

Often times different killi's can be kept in the same tank but you have to reseach to see which ones are compatible.

Often times different killi's can be kept in the same tank but you have to reseach to see which ones are compatible.

I have been researching a bit and was thinking about gardneri or some more Australe? What do you think, any recommendations? I don't mind the clowns. But was thinking of a aphyosemion species.

I have 10 Clown Killifish in my 55g nano fish tank. I've actually been thinking about getting a pair of Aussie Gold's. I have Northobranchius Rachovii in my 220g and I think they would look and do well with the Auggies. Rachovii males can be quite aggressive with males of their own species so be sure if you would add more than one pair or trio that they are in a good sized planted tank. I've never kept more than one type of killi in the same family together so I don't know if it would work or not.

Back
Top Bottom