Dilemma here guys need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greenphantom

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok if you look at some of my posts from the past couple days I had a 120 gallon fish tank with a huge leak so I drained the tank and put water from the tank in a rubber made plastic tote put my aquaclear 110 on it bubbler heater and some of there deco took the tank out side ripped all the old seals off cleaned it REAL GOOD ALCOHOL THE WORKS resealed it and now its curing I did this yesterday around 2:00 pm so I was thinking I d leave it till tomorrow night this the dilemma I am in I have 4 fish that are 5+ inches in a half full or maybe 3/4 full because the tote started bowing under the weight of the water anyway I am freaking out about my fish if I had the extra money laying around I d just go grab a new tank but thats not the case so another poster wrote in one of my threads after I let my tank cure and leak check it to fill it up and start the cycle process BUT THERE IS NO WAY MY FISH CAN STAY IN THAT TOTE FOR A COUPLE WEEKS I am very worried about the welfare of my fish. So here is my plan you guys chime in and tell me what you think I am gonna try and get all my seeded water from the tote and put in the tank if possible I still have my magnum 350 canister with the water from the tank in it in a cool place also the aquaclear 110 and fill it the rest of the way with dechlorinated water any other ideas for me I dont want to loose my fish I have an angel fish I ve had for YEARS HELP!!!

Media and decorations plus substrate is what holds the bacteria
Not water

Well my substrate is in a 5 gallon bucket in the basement and all deco is in the tote except LARGE THINGS

I agree that if you've kept the media (both in and out of the filter) wet and with a steady diet of ammonia, you should have no trouble introducing everything into the new tank.

But even assuming that isn't the case, and you've lost a good bit of your bacteria because of the transfer, which is better, the uncycled tote or the uncycled resealed aquarium?

Assuming your water test holds, I'd vote for the aquarium.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom