Dinosaur Eel again...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fd1906

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
OK, my eel has a pointed nose and blends in well with my sand, he likes to bury himself and just stick his head out like he is waiting for prey. I will post a pic later tomorrow...does anyone know what the scientific name for this eel is? Or it's diet, etc... I bought a few feeder fish and some frozen brine shrimp but he hasn't eaten yet.

BTW madasafish, thank you for your posts but mine doesn't look like any of those eels :?

William, you f'n rock.....that is exactly what i have...finally I can find some reliable info on my eel...thanks again.

BTW my eel is a striped peacock eel....ROCK!

Darnit. That's really annoying. Petstores need to start naming their eels correctly. "Dinosaur eel" is a very imprecise term... And for a striped peacock eel, that's downright incorrect. Don't mean to sound grouchy...

Just FYI, the striped peacock eel is a type of tropical fish, not a true eel. It will grow to about a foot in length (so reckon on having at least a 50 Gallon tank for it eventually). Here is a page about it if you're interested. Though it sounds like you've found some info on it already.

http://www.fishbase.org/Summary/SpeciesSummary.cfm?genusname=Macrognathus&speciesname=siamensis

fd1906 said:
William, you f'n rock.....that is exactly what i have...finally I can find some reliable info on my eel...thanks again.

BTW my eel is a striped peacock eel....ROCK!

Glad I could help :D :)

Back
Top Bottom