direction to point spray bar?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

simplicitysarah

Aquarium Advice Freak
is there a right or wrong answer to this?! it's a planted tank and i have a power head..
this is my first canister so I wasn't sure about direction of flow for either!
thanks!

is there a right or wrong answer to this?! it's a planted tank and i have a power head..
this is my first canister so I wasn't sure about direction of flow for either!
thanks!

depends on what you want to achieve. for instance. my fish likes some current so i point the spray bar outward so that they can swim against the current. i also have some stem plants. i make sure that the bar isn't pointing toward these plants because the current will cause the stems to bend. therefore it's what you want to achieve in your tank. a little current here and there won't harm the well being of your fish. it's like giving them some cardio workout to burn the excess fat from eating too much.

I always wondered this. I ended up pointing mine forwards, so it skims the top of the tank. The fish can then avoid the stream if they want to.

depends on what you want to achieve. for instance. my fish likes some current so i point the spray bar outward so that they can swim against the current. i also have some stem plants. i make sure that the bar isn't pointing toward these plants because the current will cause the stems to bend. therefore it's what you want to achieve in your tank. a little current here and there won't harm the well being of your fish. it's like giving them some cardio workout to burn the excess fat from eating too much.

ok thanks! I have it straight but my jungle Val's move alil... maybe u should point it alil further up?

Do you have CO2? If not, I would point it right below the surface so that you get nice surface agitation and therefore better gas exchange. You can use the powerhead for circulation if you feel that this is lacking.

Or you can experiment with it and see what you personally like. If you're not running CO2, there's not really a 'wrong' way to do it.

Do you have CO2? If not, I would point it right below the surface so that you get nice surface agitation and therefore better gas exchange. You can use the powerhead for circulation if you feel that this is lacking.

Or you can experiment with it and see what you personally like. If you're not running CO2, there's not really a 'wrong' way to do it.

thanks! no CO2! ok thanks so much

Back
Top Bottom