Dirftwood problem????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thatfishfreak91

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a slime or something that's on my dirft wood
Is it bad or is it some thing else??
It's clear too

sometimes if u use more than it calles for it will cause slime in your tank. what type of drift wood is it. if possible take it out and wash it. i would recommend using prime declorinator.

Most wood will grow a slime when first added to a tank. You can remove it and wash it but it could come back. It will eventually go away. It harmless and some fish and inverts will eat it.

If it bugs you, get a snail or two. Nerites will eat this, mystery snails will eat it too. Neither one can reproduce in the tank. Nerite eggs need salt water to hatch, mystery snails lay above water where you can remove them if not wanted.

One thing that can often stop fungus and slime on DW is to remove the piece from your tank, lay paper towels down in a sink, lay the DW on them, then liberally pour Hydrogen Peroxide 3% over the entire piece. Lay the Peroxide drenched paper towels over the DW and let sit for 20 minutes. Then just put the piece back in the tank, you don't have to rinse the Peroxide off as it oxidizes quickly in water.

Back
Top Bottom