Dirty water !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Precious_Scarface

Aquarium Advice Activist
Got two goldfish and a pleco in a 29gallon with 3 filters but the waters keeps getting dirty so quick my ammonia and everything else is all perfect but the water is dirty not cloudy !!

How often are you feeding them? And how often are you doing water changes? Goldfish are very dirty fish and should only be fed every other day, at least that's what the LPS told me when I kept them.

I always feed them twice a day but little feedings and i change it about once every other week

Ive tried the 25% water changes but didnt make no difference so i take out 1/3 of the water every other week and i got 3 filters workin in there and its not helpin much

I do 1-2 50% water changes a week on my goldfish tanks. 25% won't be cutting it. How long has the tank been set up? Is it a brown covering on the glass, substrate and decor? Over filtering a goldfish tank is great because it will remove more solid waste and 'process' more water converting ammonia but the end product, nitrate, still needs to removed by the fish keeper through large weekly water changes.

The water just changes color and a lot of build up stuff on the ground i was thinkin of gettin a bubble maker for more water movement cause i have a lot of upper water movement but the bottom is not movin to much

Back
Top Bottom