Discus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rummynose tetras and hummingbird tetras are also good choices for tetras, as well as chocolate gouramis, IMO.

Either of those species would be better candidates for a species tank IMO rather than a discus community.

Rummynose are a good choice.

I like the info flowing and I personally have just got some 1" discus and can honestly say my gh/kh is higher around 250 and I have no problems but the guy who I bought them off of and many many others on simply discus have said that they raise there discus in hard water and will make it even harder than mine Is for growing out juveniles and ph is not a big deal from what I hear as well but I'm also doing 20-50% wc a day with 4-6 feeding because I'm growing them out

neons are ones i have, im putting him in my 30g with my neons and bloodfins. i think he will do ok in there.. im cutting it close on space, but they wont take his food and i think he will feel better over there.. its more of a match

You're probably better off with him in that tank than competing with the angels, I agree.

and i did aqadvisor before i put him in there and im at 95 % on it. i am not sure if i should move my clown or bristenose plecos, but im willing to do it to save my discus. i add blackwater extract to the 29 for my tetras, but it is said to help the discus. there are corys in the tank as well.

plus, the tank is planted, which may help him. aqadvisor reccomended i needed a taller tank, which maybe the cas, but i dont see how.

Back
Top Bottom