Discus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They look awesome

Attachments

• image-1430450990.jpg
    image-1430450990.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 90
  • image-898627108.jpg
    image-898627108.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 86
  • image-3055184035.jpg
    image-3055184035.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 104
  • image-372474624.jpg
    image-372474624.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 106
Thought you would never ask. They have gone back into hiding so u can see them on this pic you can just make the orange one out on the right behind the plant

Attachments

• image-3241987554.jpg
    image-3241987554.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 102
What is the best staple food for them? I have blood worm but i want an everyday food they can eat. Cheers

Everyone has different statements on how to keep Discus
But its always recommend keeping them in soft water, 5+ school of Discus in a tank no smaller than 60US gallons is recommend
Clean water is a must with at least 2 PWCs a week with one being at least 50%, the temp at 82-87
Feed them plenty in order for them to grow big & fat, & not have any growth issues
Suggestions would be bloodworms, live blackworms(careful with parasites), beef heart & veggie based foods (flakes, wafers) 3 times a day
I'm sure there's more to be said but nothing else comes to mind atm lol

Great tank! I really don't see you having any problems as long as you figure out how many water changes you have to do to keep nitrates below 20 or so

One of the discus i noticed when i got it has cloudy eyes and now its being lethargic any ideas?

tmdavies said:
One of the discus i noticed when i got it has cloudy eyes and now its being lethargic any ideas?

Not sure since I've never had discus but sounds like he's sick due to stress, hope it gets better.

What kind of discus are the two with blue & red colors in the forth pic? I want to start a discus tank and those are the kind of discus I want.

Tbh these are my first and i dont know the type i just picked them from my lfs
Iv read up on cloudy eyes and its no big deal it should recover

tmdavies said:
I think mine is a snakeskin

Yeah looks like a snakeskin to me too.

In regard to the feeding. I would give the beefheart a miss. It's messy and you could face water quality issues in a planted tank. So far NLS (New life spectrum) is the best I've used for water quality but it may take some time for your discus to accept it.

Nice tank by the way.

When my discus got cloudy eyes my ammonia levels had spiked test ur water and see.(this was due to using rid ich in my tank and wiped out my natural bacteria in my tank ) I used melafix by API and it cleared it right up in a day or two plus it makes the tank smell good lol it's tea tree oil basically

Back
Top Bottom