Discus coming tomorrow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He has 6, so he has a good group size.. I have 10 In my 92g Corner tank, i noticed as i got more and more from 2 to 4-6-8-11 ect.. They all school together and aggression is cut way down.

As for you Kris your water seems fine, what are your temps ?? I don't think you've mentioned that.. I would just go ahead deworm the tank.. Get some PraziPro for gill flukes and skin flukes. All it takes is one or two teespoon depending on the size of your tank and you don't add anymore in for a week (unless you do water changes in between). After Prazi pro i would get Metronidazole.. Make sure its 100% Metro.. Seachem sells 100% metronidazole in little tiny tubes kinda expensive though and that will take care of any internal parasites.

My temp is 85-86 I can't get it much higher so I may need to invest in another heater. My tank is a 70 gal. I did some research and I believe it is flukes :( oh well everyone warned me about the parasites so hopefully we have caught it soon enough! I ordered the prazipro the day you told me about it and it should arrive no later than Wednesday I hope that's not too long! I couldn't find the metro stuff online, I may need to make a pet store trip, I do almost all my shopping online because the nearest pet store is about two hours away. I live in the backwoods of Kentucky :) I will try to find the Sechum stuff I read about that in another forum too after you monitored it! Thanks for all your help ATTACH]270563[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429585987.542684.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429585987.542684.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 56
Angelfish plus online sells a metro flake. Kinda pricey with shipping, but they send a ton of food. Just refrigerate mine & feed periodically.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

All this is just my opinion , butI would run with no more than 6. And that number is only 6 if your not intending to breed. They like groups.. safety in numbers i guess. I keep BN plecos, and guppies with mine(only 1 trio though). Ive kept them with angels, rams, bettas, tetras, hillstream loaches, syno's. Its all relative to your space, hoding spots, size, tempermant etc..... but i have never kept more than 6 in a 55. And usually they are moved by the time they're 6" or more.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok, I have been trying to research it for a while and all the results were conflicting. Thanks for the help. Out of curiosity is it possible to only keep two or three.

Ok, I have been trying to research it for a while and all the results were conflicting. Thanks for the help. Out of curiosity is it possible to only keep two or three.

No one will get picked on until it stops eating and dies.. Especially with 2.. The Min I recommend is 4.. bare minimum

Ive kept 2, but as a pair. They like groupings until 2 pair off to breed.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom