Discus,Electric Blue Ram & Skunk Loach in Community tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scuba dude

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am looking to put 2 discus an electric blue ram and a skunk loach in my community tank and was wondering if it is OK to do so.

Currently the discus , ram and loach are in a planted 10 gallon tank and I want to get them into my 90 gallon community tank. The 90 gallon is planted with live and artificial plants now with caves and rocky areas for cover and has no agressive fish ; it as of now has zebras , mollies , platies , corey cats and panda garra alage eaters. I would also transfer plants from the current discus tank to the 90 gallon.

I need to downsize as to how many tanks I am currently tending to and figured that if I could put them in the community it would be better for numerous reasons , especially since they could use more room at the least.

Water conditions test the same for both tanks so I don't see a problem there. My only concern is they say the skunk loach can be semi-agressive but would have plenty of places to hide ,but he is no trouble in his current tank.

Thanks in advance for anyones input on doing this.

I wouldn't add the loaches because they are very territorial. They will fight with the rams nice they are both bottom feeders and stress the discus

Discus loach and the ram are all in the same tank together now and don't seem to bother each other. The two that seem to go at it are the two discus and it is always between themselves and not with the others. The only time I have seen the loach be at all agressive ( if you want to call it that ) is at feeding time and he does not bother the others but wants to be first to the food but seems to ignore the other fish.

Back
Top Bottom