Discus Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is all stuff that should have been figured out prior to getting these fish. Keeping exotics is not for everyone. . Hopefully they get hungry enough to eat what you're feeding..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app
when I did research most people said that it isn't too hard to train discus to eat pellets. Didn't expect them to be near impossible to get them to eat. I even tried blackworm pellet kind of things and won't eat.

Live or freeze dried ? Tons available on the internet.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you.

Freeze

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Listen...I'm not trying to bring you down.. not trying to be a bully. Buying a $100+ worth of fish on a whim is foolish.. i read this thread and had to go back 3 times.because I thought my phone glitched, went from clueless questions to a purchase with no in between???

when I did research most people said that it isn't too hard to train discus to eat pellets. Didn't expect them to be near impossible to get them to eat. I even tried blackworm pellet kind of things and won't eat.

Freeze

You need to get what the breeder fed them..... period.. hopefully you can train them off and on to what you'd like.. they can very well starve..

Listen...I'm not trying to bring you down.. not trying to be a bully. Buying a $100+ worth of fish on a whim is foolish.. i read this thread and had to go back 3 times.because I thought my phone glitched, went from clueless questions to a purchase with no in between???

It wasn't on a whim lol. I did my research but maybe my fish aren't the ones that train easily or something else could have happened. My question was a normal question for a first time discus keeper and in the middle I was just doing my own research while some people were arguing about 100% water changes or something.

You need to get what the breeder fed them..... period.. hopefully you can train them off and on to what you'd like.. they can very well starve..

It's 10 pm here right now. What do you want me to do? Break into a store and take some food? I don't really need you stating the obvious every 5 minutes. My question was HOW TO TRAIN THEM TO EAT THE FOOD. Not what food to feed them.

Freeze

You didn't read the info I supplied in the beginning of this thread. If so, you'd not be in this situation. But being the nice guy that I am and don't want to see your Discus die (although they will go for up to two weeks without eating) I'll do the work for you.

Go thru this http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forum...lack-Worms-(Al-Sabetta)-Northford-Connecticut and you'll find what you need.

You didn't read the info I supplied in the beginning of this thread. If so, you'd not be in this situation. But being the nice guy that I am and don't want to see your Discus die (although they will go for up to two weeks without eating) I'll do the work for you.

Go thru this http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forum...lack-Worms-(Al-Sabetta)-Northford-Connecticut and you'll find what you need.

Thanks. Did read the first post of links you sent. Guess I accidently skipped over one

Sorry if I came off as rude, just want to see pics of the discus in a few months is all..

Adult fish, discus or not, are not going to starve to death in a day. Try frozen bloodworms if you can't find blackworms. When I kept discus they ate flake and pellets just fine, I didn't treat them any different than angelfish or any other cichlids that I keep, so I probably wasn't in the club. That said, they did good but just aren't for me. It's not really the fishes fault that they tend to have a cult-like following.

Adult fish, discus or not, are not going to starve to death in a day. Try frozen bloodworms if you can't find blackworms. When I kept discus they ate flake and pellets just fine, I didn't treat them any different than angelfish or any other cichlids that I keep, so I probably wasn't in the club. That said, they did good but just aren't for me. It's not really the fishes fault that they tend to have a cult-like following.

I agree. Maybe I'm just being too edgy because it's my first time keeping them and its big loss if one of them dies.

Back
Top Bottom