disinfectin the net

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aragato

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a betta with tail rot and I know my net is infected. Instead of sanitizing it with those medecine thingys could I just give it a hot water bath?

Not if it has a metal handle -

I would let it sit in a very weak bleach solution, or you could sit it out in direct sun for a day, if it is warm where you are.

:oops: Didn't consider the metal handle. Microwave = bad idea.

I use the microwave to sterilize my sponge filters though.

I nuke my dish sponge - great idea for sponge filters. I'll have to do that with the sponge for my CO2 diffuser - I usually sit it outside for a while, now that it is approximately 7 billion degrees most days.

Brian,

Remind me to remember to ask you *not* to microwave those veggie burgers before you barbeque them on Sunday :wink:

Jon

Once I poured boiling water over a net and it almost melted the mesh! Let it rest half a minute or so off the boil and that would definitely zap any nasties.

Oh boy, we're gonna have fun with our friend, Metal-in-the-Microwave Brian!

Zap a burger for me on Sunday - hopefully I'll get in the pool and will dedicate a cannonball to you all :D

Yep, I'm the only soccer mom in my CCC (cookie cutter colonial) neighborhood with tattoos and a nose ring!

Jon, the veggie burgers are out. QTOFFER has requested discus-ka-bobs.

And TG, here's some more ammo for ya :wink: . I actually set fire to my kitchen twice.......once while making instant coffee, and the other making popcorn in the microwave. My wife won't let me anywhere near the kitchen. *LOL*

Aragato - sorry about shamelessly hijacking this post :oops:

I will assume you are in the 80's over there, so it is definitely warm enough. Hang it outside somewhere that gets direct sun all day, no shade, and you should be good to go.

Back
Top Bottom