Divider?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have some questions about my ten gal tank overstocked with 3 cories,9 adult guppies, and 6 fry(rehoming all but one or two and all the fish will be moved to the 90 I'm setting up)
1-Will my fry grow faster if I divide a small section of tank for them?Right now they are in a breeder box and not growing super fast
However when I caught them they were huge for week old or less fry because they had been in the main tank I assume
2- Will my current stock be okay with a gal or two removed from their swim space?
3-Can I house the three peppered cories with the fry or will the fry be eaten( if I divide the tank)?

emerald76 said:
I have some questions about my ten gal tank overstocked with 3 cories,9 adult guppies, and 6 fry(rehoming all but one or two and all the fish will be moved to the 90 I'm setting up)
1-Will my fry grow faster if I divide a small section of tank for them?Right now they are in a breeder box and not growing super fast
However when I caught them they were huge for week old or less fry because they had been in the main tank I assume
2- Will my current stock be okay with a gal or two removed from their swim space?
3-Can I house the three peppered cories with the fry or will the fry be eaten( if I divide the tank)?

I cannot accurately answer the last two but the first one I can,
1. This I know from experience, the fry will grow faster if they have more room. I've had tried raising fry in a box and they were always competing for food, the larger fry would always get the food before the little ones. Since I've switched to 10G for a nursery tank I've had better success with the growth rate.

Back
Top Bottom